Sosatie Maker / Skewer Maker
Sosatie (pl sosaties) is a traditional South African dish of meat (usually lamb or mutton) BBQ on skewers,The French term brochette (brōˈSHet) generally refers to food cooked on a skewer and is similar to the Spanish term ‘pincho,’ where food is spiked. You might also refer to it as a Kebab, (also kebap, kabob, kebob, or kabab) is a Middle Eastern, Eastern Mediterranean, and South Asian dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables roasted or grilled on a skewer or spit.
I used these food safe cutting boards from IKEA, they measure 24cm x 340cm x 8mm in size and was the perfect size for the job and very cheap as well. The design was done with Auto desk INVENTOR then exported to Aspire in dxf format and use a 3 mm cutter for all the toolpaths.
After the routing was done I gently clean the edges off with a buffing wheel
How to assemble it!
How it works?
- Assemble it as demonstrated in the video
- Insert layers of meat about 1" or 25 mm thick into the body
- Once full, place the top on
- Insert skewers through the 4 mm holes in the top piece.
- Insert the knife into one of the lateral slats & begin slicing. Continue the process until complete
- Dissemble and remove the 16 evenly cut skewers